Bipolar Disorder Hit

 I am gonna talk for real now.

I hope it will contribute to the pool of those suffering from Bipolar Disorder.

I was 16 when my father passed away. He was the only breadwinner of my family. I didn't cry.


I inherited a stable and a farm here in Mumbai.

Everything went OK for a while. I won a landmark case for my family. Not everybody was happy.

When I was 17, I developed lost Love affair with my education that I left. I told everyone that I want to resume my studies and I wish to resign from my inherited work.

Then I cleared my matriculation and went for higher studies in the junior college.

Once I had an episode of depression which was later characterized as Dysthymia ( some sort of Depression)

I was in love with a girl in my college which was one-sided and later upon arrival she said to me no , Just friends. I was in another phase of depression and became Rum master of my college.

I was drunk all the time.

Some time passed. I went to a well known Psychiatrist and was back on track.

I did some good international jobs with an international call centres.

I was in love again with a girl who is presently and proudly my wife. I was on and off between my jobs. The only stable income that came to my household was from the properties inherited.

Today I am a full fledged subject of Bipolar Disorder with mood swings of high and lows. Some periods I am very creative and productive and some periods I am low and depressed.

If you take your medications religiously, you will be fine. If you don't, then your problems are bound to increase.

During your productive periods, I suggest you to maintain your journal of ideas and thoughts that are coming to your head. Make sure that you are not slipping into your mania period.

When you talk fast and you are full of ideas then you must go to your Psychiatrist who will prescribe you some medicines to slow down.

If you feeling low and depressed. You should visit your Psychiatrist who will prescribe you some medicines to lift you up.

Your caregiver plays a very important role in your life.

A caregiver can be your wife, your mother, anyone who is closely associated with you who can chalk down his or her observations of you before your doctor ( psychiatrist )

Living with a lifelong condition is not an easy task.Make sure you are confident about your doctor psychiatrist and you listen to your caregiver.

That's exactly what I do, there are millions suffering from Bipolar Disorder. Not everyone go to a doctor psychiatrist. But if you are lucky and calling, there's always a support ecosystem for you. Feel blessed and love everyone around you. 

Love your caregiver and hopefully I will be always around.God bless and take care.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chequered Blood

China India Tango

Ministry of External Affairs